It's 2:30pm at the office and the end of the day feels like a world away. Hungry, you stroll to the vending machine, place your hand tentatively against the buttons, and exhale mournfully at the thought of eating another saccharine, tasteless & overpriced snack from the sickly array glowing eerily in front of you.
In this, a terrible moment of snack-based crisis, reach instead for a slice of homely and delicious Peanut Butter Banana Bread; a recipe we're going to show you how to make to stave off Evil Vending Machine and his steely-faced cohorts! Through a combination of peanut-protein and the naturally occurring sugars in the bananas, you’ll be enjoying a mouth-watering alternative that will leave you floating until ride time.
2 1/2 cups rolled buckwheat flakes (260g)
1 3/4 cups mashed banana (420g)
3/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup milk of choice OR oil
1 cup homemade peanut butter / almond butter of your choice
1. Pre-heat oven to 180c
2. Spray a baking tin with cooking spray
3. Mash the banana until smooth, adding in all the dry ingredients bar the buckwheat flakes
4. Add in and then combine the peanut butter, before folding in the buckwheat flakes at the end
5. Place the mixture into the mold and bake at 180 for approximately 45 min or until a skewer comes out clean
6. Make sure to rotate the bread every 10 minutes while in the oven.
7. Allow to cool for 10 minutes